The Ages In Greek Mythology

Published by Shreyasfc on

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shreyasfc
    Participant

I’m sure most of you are familiar with the Ages…

The Golden Age when Jupiter ruled: There was peace and plenty. The rivers flowed with milk and honey. People didn’t hunt or work. They didn’t live in houses because the season was always Spring. Food came straight from the ground. People didn’t die, they just fell asleep.

The Silver Age: Zeus creates new humans. The seasons change. People live in caves. They begin to make weapons for hunting. There is cold and illness. People divide themselves.

The Age of Heroes: Gods decide to rape humans and make demi-gods that go adventuring.

The Bronze Age: Humans are hard and violent. They mine the Earth and make boats to sail the seas. The fight amongst themselves. Mothers live longer than their sons. Brothers are made enemies. The land is divided and wars rage.

The Iron Age: Our age. Total chaos. Wars. Famine. Destruction. Short-lived.

It was supposed to be that, when Pandora opened the box, she released evil and sin into the world, but according to the ages, people became rotten during the Bronze Age. Death was inside of the box, but people were dying in the Silver Age. I wonder how it is that those stories could have gotten mixed up with one another. When she opened the box everything escaped so when death and illness came into the world so would all of the others.
    …It’s a head-scratcher.

Achilles Heel
    Participant

Damn. I agree with you, it is quite a head-scratcher; however, that is the problem with myths. They are usually quite contradictory to each other. Do not worry about it, just enjoy it and take it for what it is!

Linda Lee
    Participant

I think the Greek Ages was written by Homer during the Greek civilization. While the Pandora box was written in the 16th century by the legend himself Erasmus.

Linda Lee
    Participant

Greek Mythology is something I enjoy for fun. I think you all are analysing it way too much haha.

Tomas
    Participant

Isn’t all of this reported in AGE OF EMPIRES AND AGE OF MYTHOLOGY?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.