Most well known Greek Myth?

Published by Linda Lee on

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Linda Lee
    Participant

What do you think is the most well known Greek Myth? In my opinion, it is Icarus. Here is the story if you do not know.

The myth of Daedalus and Icarus shows us that the power of man has no limits but also that we should be very careful how to use this power. Icarus could fly with his wings, however when he flied too close to the sun, his wings were burnt and he fell to the sea. The closest island where Icarus fell and got drowned took its name and it is called Ikaria till today.

Shreyasfc
    Participant

In my opinion, it has to be the Odyssey by Homer. I am not sure if Icarus is in there, but like most Europeans and Americans know about Odyssey and all the myths inside of it.

Anthony
    Participant

Arion in Myths and Stories
    In the myth of HERACLES, Heracles takes Arion from Oncus, a son of Apollo who raised horses in a grove near the ocean. Demeter had been hiding there from Poseidon but Poseidon found her and sired Arion. Arion then ran with the herd.

Having obtained Arion from Oncus, Heracles then rode Arion during the war against the Eleans. Because of Arion, Heracles did win that war. Afterward Heracles gave Arion to Adrastus, King of Argos, who over time became the immortal horse’s most famous owner.

Arion intervened on behalf of Adrastus during the defeat of the Argives, making Adrastus the only Argive leader to survive. During this same battle the brothers Eteocles and Polynices killed each other over who would claim the throne at Thebes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.